Revision as of 15:40, 30 October 2008 by Rusev ivo
Download VirtualBox Package
- Run browser. Navigate to: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
- Download the BIN file: "All Distributions [i386/AMD64]" and save it on your desktop
Prepare VirtualBox Installation
Run Package Manager, make sure "Show New Packages" is clicked on, then search, and click on the checkboxes that read:
- Run Konsole [Programs>System>Konsole], type "su root" ('to perform high-level functions), give password. Then type "cd Desktop" to navigate to the Desktop where it has been saved, if you have saved it elsewhere type "cd /home/[username]/[foldername] etc."
- In Konsole, type the following to install VirtualBox:
- To load the kernel module after a new start give the command:
- Close Konsole
Add Users To VirtualBox
- In Pardus>Tasma>System>User Manager select the user that is allowed to use VirtualBox and select 'Edit'
- In 'Groups' put a mark at 'vboxusers' and 'Apply'
- Close User Manager and Tasma.
The VirtualBox entry is in: Pardus>Programs>System>Sun xVM VirtualBox (Virtual Machine)