Revision as of 22:45, 27 October 2008 by Mhmrcs
Download VirtualBox Package
- Run browser. Navigate to: http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads
- Download the BIN file, save it to Desktop: "All Distributions [i386/AMD64]"
Prepare VirtualBox Installation
Run Package Manager, make sure "Show New Packages" is clicked on, then search, and click on the checkboxes that read: "kernel-source", "gcc" and "make".
- Run Konsole [Programs>System>Konsole], type "su root" ('to perform high-level functions), give password. Then type "cd Desktop" to naviagte to the Desktop where it has been saved, if you saved it else place type "cd /home/[username]/[foldername] etc.
- In Konsole, type the following to install VirtualBox:
- To load kernel module after a new start give the command:
- Close Konsole
Add Users To VirtualBo
- In Pardus>Tasma>System>User Manager select the user that is allowed to use VirtualBox and select 'Edit'
- In 'Groups' put a mark at 'vboxusers' and 'Apply'
- Close User Manager and Tasma.
The VirtualBox entry is in: Pardus>Programs>System>Sun xVM VirtualBox (Virtual Machine)