HOWTO:Transferring email messages and account (receiving) settings from KMail KDE 4.6 (Pardus) to Kmail2 KDE 4.8 (Mageia)
Detailed information about this subject can be found at Gentoo Wiki/KDE/KDEPIM-4.7 upgrade
1. Set the Kwallet settings in System Settings > Account Details > KDE Wallet
2. Importing email messages, account (only receiving) settings and addressbook.
As KDE 4.6 stores the user file in ~/.kde/ and KDE 4.7 and higher in ~/.kde4/ we have to copy the required files from ~/.kde/share/ into ~/.kde4/share/ with the following three commands in a konsole:
And start the migration application with
(have a look in Failed Migration when the migration fails and you want to do the migration again)
as this will reset your Kwallet settings do:
3. Restart your computer and check again the Kwallet settings as in the first picture.
4. At the first start of Kmail you will get (multiple) KWallet pop-up screens about the password and access (once/always/refuse) and you will also have to supply the password of the email receiving account.
5. As the sending account is not imported you will have to set the SMTP account in KMail > Settings > KMail settings > Accounts > Sending.