Revision as of 14:57, 1 May 2009 by Atolboo
Google Earth cannot be installed with package-manager because its license doesn't allow anyone to distribute it freely. But you can still install it by following these instructions:
From Google Earth website
- Download Google Earth from http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
- Right click downloaded file and select Properties
- Select Executable check box in Permissions tab
- Click OK button then double click (or right-click > Open) the file to run Google Earth installer
- This will install Google Earth in your home folder and put an icon in KDE menu
- To repair a bug in Google Earth go to the directory /home/your_username/google-earth and remove the file libcrypto.so.0.9.8
- Select and install http://paketler.pardus-linux.org/users-2008/GooPi-0.0.2-3-2.pisi
- With the application GooPi (Pardus > Programs > System) you can automatically build .pisi-package of Google software (Picasa, Google Desktop, Google earth).
- After selecting the applications and [Start Building Pisi](+ root password) a directory GoogleEarth-Pisi with the build .pisi-package will be placed on your Desktop.
- You can use this package to install Google Earth (Pardus > Programs > Internet).