|OS:||Linux, MS Windows, Mac OS X|
|Licence:||MPL/GPL/LGPL, BSD Licence, MIT Licence|
There are differences and similarities between the Chrome and Chromium released by Google Inc. These are:
- Chromium is a open source code software, unlike Chrome is closed code one.
- Developing imrovements in Chrome firstly is tried on Chromium and then moved to Chrome. Chromium mostly is used for developing.
- Both of them have version in Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
You can install Chromium with Package Manager in Pardus 2011.
- Tabbed Browsing
- Allowing to show more than one windows in one window provide easy and quick usage during browsing.
- Password Manager
- The password manager of the Chromium allows you to remember user names and passwords.
- Intenal Search
- You can search with internal search tools of Chromium as Google, eBay, Amazon and more.
- Internal Download Manager
- Chromium allows you to download a file from internet with internal download manager.
- Security and Privacy
- Chromium allows you to browse through the internet in security.
- Personal Data Cleaning
- When you quit, it can remove passwords in password manager, visited URLs, written URLs, definition files, temporary definition files, all email account passwords and cache.
- Cookie Controller
- Provides detailed control about Opera cookies or refused cookies. Provides different positions for different servers.
- Plugin Support
- Chromium gain extension support in last version. You can install more than 1500 extensions from its web site. In addition, it doesn't need to install a extension or remove.
- Theme Support
- You can easily change themes in Chromium.
- Favorite Synchronization
- You can synchronize your bookmarks with Google account using Chromium.
- Quick Search
- You can search in bookmarks, history and internet with location bar of Chromium