What Is IEs4Linux ?
ies4linux allows you to install Internet Explorer on Linux with very little effort. You can read more about it on http://www.tatanka.com.br
Here's the quick installation guide for Pardus
- You must have a valid MS Windows license for legality of this installation
- You need be sure that wine, cabextract and pygtk (need for gui installation) is installed, so check out package-manager and install them if they aren't installed
- Download ies4linux from here: http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/download.html
- Right click the tar.gz file and select Extract Here from context menu
- Double click the created directory to open it with konqueror, then press F4 key to open a console in it
- Type in console and follow the instructions
- It will download and install your preferred versions, then put icons on your desktop.
There is no uninstall option because it is simple: just remove the files.
Usually you have to remove:
- ~/.ies4linux folder
- Executables at ~/bin
- Desktop shortcuts
If you configured different folders, just remove them.